Soldiers of God
You need to Register to see all the topics we have...
Soldiers of God
You need to Register to see all the topics we have...
Soldiers of God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE ARE A CHRISTIAN CLAN ON XBOX LIVE

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to the official website for (SoG) Soldiers of God!

Suggestions for a new Headset

Go down 
+3
NoS L3gAcy
Vulture
Dibbz01
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dibbz01
Soldier
Soldier
Dibbz01

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Suggestions for a new Headset Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for a new Headset   Suggestions for a new Headset EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:18 pm

SO I'm kinda getting tired of the old 360 head set. It's ok but I would like to have something a little more high end. WHat do you guys use. Also Wanna keep it to just the 1 ear deal, cuz I need to keep the other ear in reality (IE wife needs something or My son wakes up from his nap >_<)
Back to top Go down
Vulture
God is Awesome!
God is Awesome!
Vulture

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a new Headset   Suggestions for a new Headset EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:49 pm

then I can't help you b/c I use the Turtle Beaches... wonderful to hear all the sounds of the game including footsteps. but if you want something w/ only one ear... I have no idea. I used my regular xbox headset before these and I liked them just fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.digoutreach.com
NoS L3gAcy
Soldier
Soldier
NoS L3gAcy

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a new Headset   Suggestions for a new Headset EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:08 am

I use the wireless headset. I really like it. It is also nice if you want to just put down your controller and go somewhere else in your house, just for a minute. you dont have to take the headset off your head. its kinda hard to explain, but I like it better. it is also louder. so if you have a hard time hearing someone on live, this is good for you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000128848247
Xavier xTZx
Soldier
Soldier
Xavier xTZx

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a new Headset   Suggestions for a new Headset EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 3:32 pm

I'm not sure if there is anything quality that's out there besides the Turtle Beach stuff, everything else is a cheap knock-off...
Back to top Go down
Dibbz01
Soldier
Soldier
Dibbz01

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a new Headset   Suggestions for a new Headset EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:18 pm

I've been looking @ the wireless ones, and I've been reading mixed reviews on them.
Back to top Go down
NoS L3gAcy
Soldier
Soldier
NoS L3gAcy

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a new Headset   Suggestions for a new Headset EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:06 pm

well i like it alot better than the normal headset. it may be bad if it does not fit your ear. (i.e. your ear is too small or too large) but it fits mine perfectly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000128848247
The BigFuz
The BigFuz

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a new Headset   Suggestions for a new Headset EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:10 pm

Was gonna ask this same question...but thats what search is for, huh?

I was thinking about the turtle beach as well. I think I can live with sound in both ears, as the Xbox is in the basement, and falshing the lights is how she gets me to respond anyway. Baby monitor for the kids room has red lights...

Now that thats settled... ;-)

Any model in general? Are the X11 any good, or too cheap? Seem to be the replacement for the X1.

(BTW, sorry if you guys did not hear me sign off tonight...the Xbox headphones were drivin me nuts!)
Back to top Go down
JDH. the local village TK
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!

Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a new Headset   Suggestions for a new Headset EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:55 pm

well if you want high end get the turtle beach if you want only a one ear headset then chop it in half and duck tape it on.
Back to top Go down
Vulture
God is Awesome!
God is Awesome!
Vulture

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a new Headset   Suggestions for a new Headset EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:11 am

It really comes down to how much money you want to spend. While I use the Turtle Beaches and like them a lot, I honestly think that there must be better out there. I use the older version of the X41's and they tend to have some static in them all the time. If I had it to do over again, I'd look into Triton's. The problem is that you can't test drive them first and you just have to rely on reviews.

Turtle Beaches are good, I like mine. I'd try to find some reviews on them and Tritons and compare the ones in your price range.
Back to top Go down
http://www.digoutreach.com
Mullet863
God rules!
God rules!
Mullet863

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a new Headset   Suggestions for a new Headset EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:18 pm

Hands down Astros... I'm a huge fan! I've had Tritons, and Turtle Beaches, and neither one can touch Astros, for build quality, and sound quality. The A40s encode Dolby 5.1 to 7.1 and I honestly can hear people on CoD and tell exactly where they are with pinpoint accuracy.

I'm running A40s right now with the wireless mixamp 5.8, and it's an awesome setup. If you do just the regular mixamp you can double it as a PC headset as well. Plus they have customizable speaker tags (kind of silly, but I had some nice SoG ones made). If you have any questions about them let me know but they are a killer product.

Also when I need to go to one ear, either when talking to the wife, talking on the phone (which with the regular mixamp you can actually use your audio jack on the phone to use the headset for your phone as well), or doing anything else that requires a little bit more hearing. The A30s might work for you as well as they are an on the ear headset and don't enclose your ears which should help hearing outside noise a little bit better.
Back to top Go down
The BigFuz
The BigFuz

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a new Headset   Suggestions for a new Headset EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 3:26 pm

Thanks for the feedback. My father-in-law needed a $50 gift for me, so I had him pickup the Turtle Beach X11's (it was either that or the Tritton AX180 or the Sharkoon SPX) I'll let you know how they turn out.

I've heard a lot of the USB powered ones have a constant low hiss, like vulture mentioned. We'll see what we can do about that. Sounds like a ground isolation problem to me.

Astro's look great but are too $$$ for me
Back to top Go down
The BigFuz
The BigFuz

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a new Headset   Suggestions for a new Headset EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 10:02 pm

OK, so I mentioned I would post how the headphones (X11's) worked out...

They are great! I have my Xbox going optical out to my surround sound system, which I think sounds pretty awesome...BUT...when an RC is drivin' around or there are footsteps, I still have a hard time hearing where it is coming from. Maybe from room reflection or something...

With the headphones, it is clear as day! RC was drivin' up from behind, and it was clear enough for me to notice, turn and take it out before it got close.

No buzzing or constant hum in these either (as is commonly mentioned). It may be the way I got 'em hooked up. Since I use the optical connection to the surround sound...the headphones just use the dangling RCA which would usually just go to the TV, but are not connected. I think since the only other connection from the Audio is optical...there is no ground noise being picked up. Great fit, ears fit inside, very comfortable.

They do make the sides of my head sweat a little...LOL! Also, it was almost a little too lifelike hearing oXo Sniper pelt me with bullets over and over and over again in HC HQ. Only happened cause I was reviewing the headphones of course! ;-)

For $50 or less, I give 'em 2 thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!

Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a new Headset   Suggestions for a new Headset EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:08 am

great man glad you found a good pair!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a new Headset   Suggestions for a new Headset Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for a new Headset
Page 1 of 1