Soldiers of God
You need to Register to see all the topics we have...
Soldiers of God
You need to Register to see all the topics we have...
Soldiers of God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE ARE A CHRISTIAN CLAN ON XBOX LIVE

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to the official website for (SoG) Soldiers of God!

people of influence

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
[SOG]Snoopy0211
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
[SOG]Snoopy0211

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2008-02-13

people of influence Empty
PostSubject: people of influence   people of influence EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 10:40 am

Hey guys! I thought i'd start a thread on people that have influenced our lives. Shout it out. Here is my partial list:

1. Rob Bell - the original velvet Elvis
2. Donald Miller
3. Joseph Prince
4. Andrew Wommack
5. James Richards
6. Kenneth E Hagin
7. Kenneth Copeland
8. Billy Graham
9. Keith Moore

We learn from each other, therefore we all add to each others life and we take a part of each other with us. Brothers in Christ. God loves us and we are all growing in Him. Love in Christ.
Back to top Go down
DOOZER is KING
Soldier
Soldier
DOOZER is KING

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 11:46 am

1. N.T. Wright.
2. Dallas Willard.
3. Marcus Borg.
4. Brennan Manning.
5. Jack Hayford.
6. Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer
7. Anyone who does not preach the Prosperity Gospel (majority of TBN).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chicagoisthepromisedland
[SOG]Snoopy0211
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
[SOG]Snoopy0211

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 11:53 am

I have heard of Jack Hayford, he is Four Square and I think I know Dallas Willard. I haven't heard of the other bros. I bet they are a great bunch. You guys are the greatest. lol.
Back to top Go down
[SOG]Snoopy0211
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
[SOG]Snoopy0211

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 11:55 am

Oh I left out Joel Osteen. I'm sure that there are many others for all of us and the list just keeps growing. Love in Christ.
Back to top Go down
ToGGLeZ
God is Awesome!
God is Awesome!
ToGGLeZ

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 12:57 pm

There is this one PhD that really has influenced me. HE was diagnosed with Cancer last month and they told him he had only a few months to live. He took advantage of that and decided to teach for the lord. I really wish I remember his name tho.
Back to top Go down
JDH. the local village TK
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
JDH. the local village TK

Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:55 pm

1. jesus
2. my parents and family
3. everybody at my church
4. everybody here at SoG
Back to top Go down
DOOZER is KING
Soldier
Soldier
DOOZER is KING

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 3:21 am

[SOG]Snoopy0211 wrote:
I have heard of Jack Hayford, he is Four Square and I think I know Dallas Willard. I haven't heard of the other bros. I bet they are a great bunch. You guys are the greatest. lol.

I attend Jack Hayford's school (The King's Seminary) and have met and talked with him on many occasions. He is a genuine person, one of the most to be exact.
Back to top Go down
[SOG]Snoopy0211
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
[SOG]Snoopy0211

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 9:28 am

I am familiar with his teachings. I used to attend a Four Square church. I have been privileged to meet several genuine men and women of God. Brothers and Sisters all around the world. What a great family in the Lord that we have.
Back to top Go down
DOOZER is KING
Soldier
Soldier
DOOZER is KING

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 10:06 am

On the contrary, I've had the honor of meeting a lot of people who faked their genuineness. I think I have met more judgmental Christians than loving ones. It's a terrible feeling to say and realize that as truth in my life.
Back to top Go down
[SOG]Snoopy0211
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
[SOG]Snoopy0211

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 10:18 am

Hmmm??? I choose to side with what the Apostle Paul said "I will rejoice in that Christ is preached regardless". It's also hard to guage someones genuineness because the word says that no man knows a mans heart except the Lord. There are a lot of people that seeing them on tv, etc..it was easy to make a quick judgement about them, but after spending much time around them I have found Christ in them the hope of glory. I am for mercy, mercy, mercy....
Back to top Go down
DOOZER is KING
Soldier
Soldier
DOOZER is KING

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 11:16 pm

I have met many people who proved otherwise, and while I refuse to be judgmental because I have been judged, there is something to say about someone who acts completely rude and appalling to other brothers and sisters in Christ (i.e. Benny Hinn).
Back to top Go down
[SOG]Snoopy0211
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
[SOG]Snoopy0211

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 9:26 am

I think i'll pull us back into the people that we have been influenced by. Something uplifting. Whew bro, off the subject, but I was online until 645a ahis morning. I had a sinus issue and couldn't sleep. Coffee Pleeeeaaaasssseeeee!!!!! Pray for strength. Blessings man. Love in Christ.
Back to top Go down
DOOZER is KING
Soldier
Soldier
DOOZER is KING

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 1:01 pm

For the old folks, check out Brennan Manning's book: "The Ragamuffin Gospel." It is one of the best written books about grace that I have ever read.
Back to top Go down
[SOG]Snoopy0211
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
[SOG]Snoopy0211

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 1:09 pm

Old folks??????? Just what constitutes old?????? I am eternal in Christ. No age, bro.
Back to top Go down
DOOZER is KING
Soldier
Soldier
DOOZER is KING

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 11:43 am

You're old...bottom line. I meant like 16+, because Brennan writes in a way that is difficult to read at times.
Back to top Go down
[SOG]Snoopy0211
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
[SOG]Snoopy0211

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 2:22 pm

Funny, I don't feel old???? Hmmmmmm???? It seems to me that Abraham had a child at 100. Moses lived to be 120. That means that I am not even halfway through my life. Hallelujah!!!!!! The only time that 30s seem old is when you are still a babe. Maybe when you are almost forty, you wil embrace old age, but not me bro. I'll fight it to the death!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am redeemed from the curse of the law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is good and he loves us. Like I said bro, ageless. Eternal!!!!!! Christ in me, wooohooo!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DOOZER is KING
Soldier
Soldier
DOOZER is KING

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 11:26 pm

Life starts at 65, but if you're over 21 (which I am), you're old. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: people of influence   people of influence Empty

Back to top Go down

people of influence
Page 1 of 1