Soldiers of God
You need to Register to see all the topics we have...
Soldiers of God
You need to Register to see all the topics we have...
Soldiers of God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE ARE A CHRISTIAN CLAN ON XBOX LIVE

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to the official website for (SoG) Soldiers of God!

Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules

Go down 
+5
TestyKracken
Vulture
Lethaliron
JDH. the local village TK
The BigFuz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The BigFuz
The BigFuz

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-11-28

Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules Empty
PostSubject: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:58 am

Is there a set of rules (or more guidelines) that apply to multi-player on Live?

Being relatively new to gaming with others online, I get a little lost in the options. For example, the other night, I selected to "Join a Party" of a SoG guy, which I though was going to put me into the same game, but ends up I just got into his chat group that he had setup with someone else...uncomfortable... pale

Anyway, since then I found the Join a Session in Progress is what I was after...

That being said, are there Do's and Dont's that everyone is aware of that I should know.

For example, "Don't join someone's 'Party' unless invited", or "Joining a Session is OK, unless...", or "If you setup a Party, Black-Ops seems to have a hard time finding a match for said Party", "If you are not at least Prestige, don't...", etc...
Back to top Go down
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!

Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:35 pm

No there aren't really any said rules such as that. Personally I don't join a party unless invited, as for joining a game that doesn't really matter since only so many fit in the party, I prefere that to the party sometimes gives me a chance on the enemy team fighting our brothers!!! [evil!] so pretty much the do's and don't are personal preference unless dot has something in the clan joining rules or something on the main page.
Back to top Go down
Lethaliron
God rules!
God rules!
Lethaliron

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 4:40 pm

There are no rules on live. It's pretty much survival of the fittest if you are playing in a lobby of random people.
Back to top Go down
Vulture
God is Awesome!
God is Awesome!
Vulture

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 5:45 pm

My thoughts:

If a party is up and it's open, I'll join it... sometimes. A lot of times I'll send a message, "inv?" or "got room" something like that and wait to see what the response is.

I doubt most from this site would mind you just dropping into a chat or game and if they do, they'll let you know, but what they should do is adjust their settings to private.

The thing is, you never really know who is in the chat with them. I have friends that I play with that aren't Christian and use some foul language so just joining me could be a bad idea if you are offended by the language.
Back to top Go down
http://www.digoutreach.com
TestyKracken

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 6:45 pm

well personally you can always join me party or not.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
m87nichols
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
m87nichols

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:40 pm

ok here is my guidlines for other people.

If i am in a party and you would like to join....by all means join my party
If i am not in a party and you would like to chat/play....invite me
If i am in a lobby and you would like to game me and the others that i game with on a nightly bases....join our lobby

Most of us here are the same. feel free to join any of my parties/games.

ps. james do you have xbl now?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/m87nichols?ref=profil
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:39 pm

yup man I do
Back to top Go down
PliggeTheFallen
God rules!
God rules!
PliggeTheFallen

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Here is what I do.

If Nichols in online, join his party and annoy him. Usually random barn animal noises or sounds from the rainforest work just fine. If not, use a mp3 of a jackhammer and place your mic right by the speaker.

Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/PliggeTheFallen
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:00 pm

or what I used to do, copy that [above] except add team kill!!!
Back to top Go down
NoS L3gAcy
Soldier
Soldier
NoS L3gAcy

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:19 pm

m87nichols wrote:
ok here is my guidlines for other people.

If i am in a party and you would like to join....by all means join my party
If i am not in a party and you would like to chat/play....invite me
If i am in a lobby and you would like to game me and the others that i game with on a nightly bases....join our lobby

Most of us here are the same. feel free to join any of my parties/games.

ps. james do you have xbl now?

That is basically exactly what I do. Btw, if I do not have you as a friend, invite me. NoS L3gAcy
I think have most of you but just in case...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000128848247
Xavier xTZx
Soldier
Soldier
Xavier xTZx

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:22 pm

You can always join a party I'm in and say "The zombies are so angry!" (With a Nichols accent) Not only will I laugh but you'll be much cooler while saying it...
Back to top Go down
Vulture
God is Awesome!
God is Awesome!
Vulture

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:05 am

Apparently if you join a room and then get disconnected from that room, you will not be let back in and the group will continue to play without you. To top it off, you won't get reinvited either.

Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules Mecry
Back to top Go down
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 12:42 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
m87nichols
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
m87nichols

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:49 pm

hey that was not my fault i told them i would join the game lobby after yall found a match and then when you got kick out due to connection i asked if i needed to invite you and they said no because they had already invited you. from now on i shall not listen to the ill conceived words of my fellow gamers for they sayest things that are lies
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/m87nichols?ref=profil
Vulture
God is Awesome!
God is Awesome!
Vulture

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 10:24 am

m87nichols wrote:
hey that was not my fault i told them i would join the game lobby after yall found a match and then when you got kick out due to connection i asked if i needed to invite you and they said no because they had already invited you. from now on i shall not listen to the ill conceived words of my fellow gamers for they sayest things that are lies

suuurrreeee.... I think sniper voted me out b/c i was doing better than him on those two games of s&d
Back to top Go down
Xavier xTZx
Soldier
Soldier
Xavier xTZx

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Also if you get kicked from a game due to team kiling (mainly in Hardcore modes) you cannot join the session you got kicked from even if they move to different maps. I guess each lobby is specificly numbered....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules   Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox Live - Unwritten Rules
Page 1 of 1