Soldiers of God
You need to Register to see all the topics we have...
Soldiers of God
You need to Register to see all the topics we have...
Soldiers of God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE ARE A CHRISTIAN CLAN ON XBOX LIVE

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to the official website for (SoG) Soldiers of God!

Anyone hear anything cool at church today?

Go down 
+5
SOG TASH KON
m87nichols
GodLy DoT
alpha777
Mullet863
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mullet863
God rules!
God rules!
Mullet863

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Anyone hear anything cool at church today? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 3:46 pm

Well just like the topic said, did you hear anything you'd like to share?
Back to top Go down
alpha777
Dot's Sidekick
Dot's Sidekick

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 5:24 pm

This wasn't part of church, this is just from some reading I did, some of you may know it, but Joseph's coat wasn't made from many colours, it was just made using A coloured thread. It doesn't say it was MORE than one coloured thread. Which is really interesting after seeing all the "Children's Bibles" out there all depicting Joseph's coat in bright illustrations as being multicoloured!
Back to top Go down
GodLy DoT
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
GodLy DoT

Number of posts : 1396
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 10:55 pm

hmmmm interesting...Well i didn't get up for church..i over slept..:(..i was so mad at myself allday today!..:(
Back to top Go down
Mullet863
God rules!
God rules!
Mullet863

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 11:18 pm

It's interesting, that we place so much value on going to the building on Sundays. Don't feel bad if you missed church, take some time out of your day today or tomorrow, and spend some time worshiping in your own way.

For my part at church today Preach said something very interesting, he looked at the whole congregation and said "This church doesn't need you". Pretty bold move, but backed it up with a great message about how the church doesn't need people, that God doesn't "need" anything that we have to offer other than our worship. He preached a little on Genesis 34 how Jacob ignored God and was forced into a situation that could have been avoided. Just overall a good sermon...

I hope everyone had a great Sunday!
Back to top Go down
Mullet863
God rules!
God rules!
Mullet863

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:32 pm

I went to Bible History Class this morning at my church, and actually got some really unique insights on the bible from two Morman missionaries that were doing there time in missions, and spending some time with us. While I don't agree with some of the things their religion preaches they definitely were very well educated in the bible and some of their insights were very interesting.

I guess the point of this would be that I've discovered that you can find new and unique ways of looking on Biblical events and Christian backgrounds from visiting with others of different faiths. I found by expanding my sphere of Christian knowledge I've gained a new and deeper understanding and I would encourage that for all of you, reach out, and discover something new!
Back to top Go down
alpha777
Dot's Sidekick
Dot's Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Mullet863 wrote:
I went to Bible History Class this morning at my church, and actually got some really unique insights on the bible from two Morman missionaries that were doing there time in missions, and spending some time with us. While I don't agree with some of the things their religion preaches they definitely were very well educated in the bible and some of their insights were very interesting.

I guess the point of this would be that I've discovered that you can find new and unique ways of looking on Biblical events and Christian backgrounds from visiting with others of different faiths. I found by expanding my sphere of Christian knowledge I've gained a new and deeper understanding and I would encourage that for all of you, reach out, and discover something new!

Yeah, even if you don't agree with some of the things they say, they might be wiser than you in other things and provide you with new understandings.
Back to top Go down
m87nichols
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
m87nichols

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:00 pm

true but i would warn against just accepting beliefs from religious groups such as mormans and jehovah witness on face value.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/m87nichols?ref=profil
Mullet863
God rules!
God rules!
Mullet863

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:17 pm

This is true, and while caution is warranted, there isn't a lot of argument between our denominations until you get around to John Smith, and we were talking Old Testament, Leviticus, about sacrifices and the like, so I wasn't too worried about ecumenical differences.

But yes as Nichols said, don't let them lead you astray!
Back to top Go down
m87nichols
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
m87nichols

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:22 pm

Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/m87nichols?ref=profil
alpha777
Dot's Sidekick
Dot's Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:24 am

m87nichols wrote:
true but i would warn against just accepting beliefs from religious groups such as mormans and jehovah witness on face value.

true
Back to top Go down
SOG TASH KON

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 11:42 pm

God is sovereign. That is what I have picked up at church. Knowing that God is sovereign is really encouraging. You know that he can get you out of situations you don't think are possible to get out of. God can put you in situations you didn't think possible. He can test your faith. He can use you to tell somebody else about him. God is in control of existence. One thing I realized the other day, God is so sovereign, he has control over death.
Back to top Go down
alpha777
Dot's Sidekick
Dot's Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:30 am

SOG TASH KON wrote:
God is sovereign. That is what I have picked up at church. Knowing that God is sovereign is really encouraging. You know that he can get you out of situations you don't think are possible to get out of. God can put you in situations you didn't think possible. He can test your faith. He can use you to tell somebody else about him. God is in control of existence. One thing I realized the other day, God is so sovereign, he has control over death.

true, man!
Back to top Go down
Mullet863
God rules!
God rules!
Mullet863

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:32 am

SOG TASH KON wrote:

Right on man, what a great statement!

On a side note, thanks for popping into Bible Study tonight, hopefully we'll see some more of you guys!
Back to top Go down
[SOG]Snoopy0211
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
[SOG]Snoopy0211

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 2:49 pm

Well considering that the Jehovahs Witnesses don't believe in ^&% and believe that satan is Jesus twin brother and the mormons believe that heaven is to be God over your own planet, I would definitely say that caution is warranted. I know that they believe this because I point blank asked them. They left after this.
Back to top Go down
Vulture
God is Awesome!
God is Awesome!
Vulture

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 4:06 am

alpha777 wrote:
This wasn't part of church, this is just from some reading I did, some of you may know it, but Joseph's coat wasn't made from many colours, it was just made using A coloured thread. It doesn't say it was MORE than one coloured thread. Which is really interesting after seeing all the "Children's Bibles" out there all depicting Joseph's coat in bright illustrations as being multicoloured!

Where did you hear that information? The Hebrew for colors used in Gen. 37:3, Gen 37:23, and Gen 37:32 is pac and means multiple colors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.digoutreach.com
alpha777
Dot's Sidekick
Dot's Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 3:29 pm

I'm pretty sure it would depend on what translation you're using but in my Bible it says that the coat was made using a coloured thread but wasn't "multicoloured."
Back to top Go down
judas macabeus

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:08 pm

Today @ Church: Woman at the well from John 4. What a great example Christ gave when dealing with sinners. Made me consider the way I think about the people I work with and interact with. I pray that you all are sensitive to the spirit when it comes to dealing with those that have sinned. (I count myself in that group too :-)
Back to top Go down
[SOG]Snoopy0211
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
[SOG]Snoopy0211

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:14 pm

Good post bro. God loves us.
Back to top Go down
Mullet863
God rules!
God rules!
Mullet863

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:58 am

I love it... I know that's one of the big obstacles in my walk right now is maintaining a Christ-like attitude at work, and that's a great example of inspiration buddy!
Back to top Go down
JDH. the local village TK
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!
JDH. the local village TK

Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone hear anything cool at church today?   Anyone hear anything cool at church today? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:12 pm