Soldiers of God
You need to Register to see all the topics we have...

WE ARE A CHRISTIAN CLAN ON XBOX LIVE

HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Welcome to the official website for (SoG) Soldiers of God!

Share | 

World of Warcraft

Go down 
AuthorMessage
oXo Snip3r
God rules!
God rules!

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: World of Warcraft   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:06 am

So I use to play the game on Private servers (where you dont pay $20 a month) and I really like it, if your into RPGs its def a game to have. The best part is im looking around trying to find the best blizzlike (Xp gaines are normal, not 1500Xs what it should be) server and was wondering if anyone would care to join me? The best part is you dont have to purchase anything! You just go to www.WorldofWarcraft.com and download the 10 day trial which is actually the full game. Ill do more research to find clean downloads for the expansion pack and we all can be playing together having a little bit more fun on the side.

Wanna know if you can run WoW?
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
Just type it World of Warcraft and you will know

Again, this is all 100% free
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vulture
God is Awesome!
God is Awesome!

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:00 am

Playing WoW on private servers is against the terms of use put forth by Blizzard and therefore is something that you shouldn't be doing. You are stealing from the company by doing it. And by posting this and asking others to join you are causing them to stumble whether you realize it or not(now you do).

Not to be harsh on ya bro.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.digoutreach.com
oXo Snip3r
God rules!
God rules!

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:12 pm

while I see your point of view I have to say that if there is even the slightest chance of growing with the clan, witnessing, or having good christian fun then go for it. Anything you do in life someone will find a way to say that its wrong, For example Loans, cars, video games, etc etc.

I still plan on finding a good server where we can create a guild for SoG and we can have good clean fun. Because not everyone on the site plays xbox, Cod, Halo, NCAA so im just trying to open up more doors. Im not asking you to go against your will, i know that it is against there terms of service and its wrong but you dont know what doors will open.

And again, if you guys are against it then i wont post it on the site, ill just do it myself and create an SoG clan there and try to bring some of them over to xbox or bible study with us
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vulture
God is Awesome!
God is Awesome!

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:02 pm

oXo Snip3r wrote:
...... i know that it is against there terms of service and its wrong but you dont know what doors will open. .......

So even though you know it's wrong (in your own words), you'll continue to do it?

It isn't about reaching out to more people or spreading out from xbox to other consoles/pc, it's about staying in the graces of God and by doing things you KNOW are wrong you aren't doing that. The impression you give outsiders by trying to recruit them to a Christian site on a stolen server is confusion. (stolen being it isn't Blizzard's)

Again, I'm not trying to harp on ya brother... just let you know that you're slipping on a banana peel and about to fall.
Back to top Go down
oXo Snip3r
God rules!
God rules!

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:09 pm

Its not a stolen server, its just redirecting where the client connects. Blizzard made the connection file in a word document which makes it easy to redirect.

A church never grows if it doesnt reach out, You cant ignore a group of people just because of where they're located or the situation they're in. You have to reach out to effect people, they're not always going to come to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vulture
God is Awesome!
God is Awesome!

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:34 pm

I didn't mean that you stole the server. I meant that you are playing a game on a server outside of the game's intended server. Blizzard has rules that you agree to when you purchase their game and by playing on a server outside of theirs, you violate that rule that you agreed to. It's wrong, and you said you know that it's wrong.

A church doesn't need to advertise and reach out to people like that. People should be naturally attracted to it and want to visit. Word of mouth is always great and probably the best way to reach others. It's rare to see an advertisement for a church.

I'm not telling you to ignore anyone either. I'm just saying that the way you are going about it is wrong, both lawfully and spiritually. Lawfully for the obvious and spiritually b/c you are giving people the notion that it's okay to play WoW on private servers when it's not.

I won't say anything else about Jerry. If you want to continue down this path, that's up to you. I'm just trying to point out the wrong in it.
Back to top Go down
JDH. the local village TK
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!

Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:11 pm

Sniper I love what your trying to do with this brother, but your going about it the wrong way. Trying to bring people to christ is a wonderful thing and it's what were told to do but by illegal means? where in the bible were you told it was totally cool to do that? thats like blaspheming the word of god.

And does that reak of a hypocrite or what? not to sound harse but thats the biggest thing I hear at youth about what turns non believers off to christianity, I'm not saying I or anyone else is perfect I do not lead the perfect christ like life at all but think about it for a minute.

your doing something you know is wrong, it's illegal, your stealing by doing it and then your gonna go and try to bring people to christ through something like that? That completely goes against the word, sure you might bring a few to christ by false means but also think of how many you will be turning away? then think how hypocritical is that! just another christian doing the same illegal things as the rest but claiming to be different.
we are supposed to be different, showing everyone else that we are different is one of the best ways to lead people to christ but don't you think that by doing that your just shinning the same old thing? if you want to play a game illegally then that's your choice

But as for the clan (I do not speak for everyone or for the clan that'd be dot) don't try to drag the clan into the pit, in my opinion you shouldn't use the clan as your WoW clan when your doing it illegally, obviously we are here to reach out but the way your going about it is wrong IMO.
Honestly it sounds like a bigger deal for you not to pay to play WoW then to reach out and I do not think that dot or anyone else here wants illegal server gaming as part of the SoG reputation.
stealing is never a pretty thing, but you should also think about the consequences of what your trying to do, lets say you go create your own little SoG WoW clan and lets say that they crack down on your illegal server method they would simply fix it until someone found a new illegal way, but using this clan can lead back to this clan site and get it shut down, thats not fair to any of the people on here is it? especially when there are plenty of free mmorpg's out there that are free to play like runescape.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marinebuddy5
Soldier
Soldier

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:33 pm

JDH. the local village TK wrote:
But as for the clan (I do not speak for everyone or for the clan that'd be dot) don't try to drag the clan into the pit, in my opinion you shouldn't use the clan as your WoW clan when your doing it illegally, obviously we are here to reach out but the way your going about it is wrong IMO.
Honestly it sounds like a bigger deal for you not to pay to play WoW then to reach out and I do not think that dot or anyone else here wants illegal server gaming as part of the SoG reputation.
stealing is never a pretty thing, but you should also think about the consequences of what your trying to do, lets say you go create your own little SoG WoW clan and lets say that they crack down on your illegal server method they would simply fix it until someone found a new illegal way, but using this clan can lead back to this clan site and get it shut down, thats not fair to any of the people on here is it? especially when there are plenty of free mmorpg's out there that are free to play like runescape.

I agree with JDH. the local village TK on this as its a risky gamble that could hurt us more than help us. Their are other ways and places you could reach out to people for example facebook. This is a interesting topic for me since some questions come into my mind since I don't know how SoG members came as we are not a large clan and we haven't been in any MLG stuff by the looks of it.

SoG should discuss or have a guide about how we could get people to join us or at least some pointers as this sorta thing hasen't been talked about as far as I know and could help us grow and reach out people without any fears or risks.

Oh and if you start a SoG clan on runescape then I might join since I played that before many times and it would be nice to be in a christian clan in runescape.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Out2facebook@yahoo.com
DragonTamer369
God rules!
God rules!

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:09 pm

I think an SoG clan on runescape would be pretty fun.

Get Microsoft Silverlight

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/Dragontamer369
JDH. the local village TK
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!

Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:39 am

Lol well the clan originally was like 20 people then it grew and the xbox mag topic mentioned us and now we have alot of people at least on the site but not alot of them get on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marinebuddy5
Soldier
Soldier

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:53 am

Yeah I when I checked the memberlist many of the members didn't seem to have much on there avatar or profile so I guess that maybe at least a fourth of the clan members get on this site and at least a half joined but never came back to the site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Out2facebook@yahoo.com
Vulture
God is Awesome!
God is Awesome!

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:13 pm

I know over at HCG we've got nearly 2000 members on our forums and about 50 that actually contribute.
Back to top Go down
Newman Ray
Soldier
Soldier

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Interesting conversation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
m87nichols
Jesus Fr3ak!
Jesus Fr3ak!

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:05 pm

i like my WoW when it was an RTS

God rules!
God rules!

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:58 pm

well back then technically it was just warcraft, not world of warcraft, unfourtunately I've never had the oppourtunity to play Warcraft

Get Microsoft Silverlight

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/Dragontamer369
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft
Page 1 of 1