Soldiers of God
You need to Register to see all the topics we have...
Soldiers of God
You need to Register to see all the topics we have...
Soldiers of God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE ARE A CHRISTIAN CLAN ON XBOX LIVE

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to the official website for (SoG) Soldiers of God!

Quick Devotion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vulture
God is Awesome!
God is Awesome!
Vulture

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Quick Devotion Empty
PostSubject: Quick Devotion   Quick Devotion EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:22 am

James 1:19-21
19My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. 21Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

This verse hit my inbox via DiG Outreach's verse of the day and it really struck a cord with me. I have issues with anger and frustration. I tend to get really ticked at the silliest things, like when a nail bends when hammering or something like that. Why? I don't know, but I've broken more than one pair of safety glasses in what I consider a "vent session". Yeah, it's ridiculous.
Anyway, this verse really hit me in the head. "Accept the word planted in you, which can save you." Now I'm a huge fan of reading Proverbs on a daily basis (which I haven't been doing in some time) as it really talks about how to behave, talk, act etc. Proverbs is full of things like Proverbs 29:11 which says, "A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control." Or Proverbs 30:33 "For as churning the milk produces butter, and as twisting the nose produces blood, so stirring up anger produces strife."
These are the Words I need to accept so that I might be saved from anger and frustration.

http://www.digoutreach.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.digoutreach.com
Blessed SeaBee
Soldier
Soldier
Blessed SeaBee

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Quick Devotion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Devotion   Quick Devotion EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:22 pm

Brother I am sure we all deal with anger on some level in our lives, but it’s what we do with that anger, I can testify to that mysefl. but it reads in Ephesians 4:26-27 “In your anger do not sin, do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. “ Cause it is when we allow ourselves to stay in anger that we give the devil a foothold, so if at this time we must vent then vent, but we must work on replacing that anger with God. It is good to hear realness in people, rather than saying something to fit in or sound good. Amen! and God bless you!
Back to top Go down
Vulture
God is Awesome!
God is Awesome!
Vulture

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Quick Devotion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Devotion   Quick Devotion EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:01 pm

Couldn't agree more. Fortunately I'm good at not holding on to anything for any amount of time so if I get frustrated w/ something i'm over it pretty quickly. It's just that sometimes I snap and throw the screw driver across the room or something like that. I find that if I just walk off a few steps and then go back to it, I'm all good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.digoutreach.com
Blessed SeaBee
Soldier
Soldier
Blessed SeaBee

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Quick Devotion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Devotion   Quick Devotion EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:29 pm

People view becoming a Christian as if you will never see trials and tribulation but that is not the fact. You will still see these things its how you deal with them now in this walk is what is different than someone who lives his or her life in the world. God Bless you sir! This is truly a blessing to be able to see and hear and be in contact with other believers.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quick Devotion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Devotion   Quick Devotion Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Devotion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soldiers of God :: Jesus Fr3aks! :: The 4 Walls-
Jump to: